Thursday, November 8, 2012

Goodnight Moon Part Deux: Bubbles

I have a new goal. I know, another one. I make a new one every day it feels. I've been told this only leads me to be harder on myself. But.... I don't feel it. I think it keeps me dreaming. Keeps me going on the really hard days.

My goal is to do one thing every day to be kind to myself. I'm told I'm not the only one, but I'm not very nice when it comes to looking back and judging myself. I typically don't judge others, or I try reallllllyyyy hard not to. But myself, I'm my biggest critic, and I'm a tough one at that.

Today wasn't bad. Today was hard. But I looked today in the eyes and said, I win. I just got home from a very, very long day and did the best thing I could think of to relax: Took a bubble bath.

An intense, ginormoussssss (google it) BUBBLE BATH. So good. So relaxing. And you know what? Today was a good day. I'm going to sleep with all the T's crossed and my I's dotted. My to-do list is 9 feet long, but I'll cross off a few more things tomorrow and keep going.

All we can do is keep breathing. And be kind. To others, and to oursevles. An ordinary day is not a bad day. And a bad day shouldn't make us feel like we've lived a bad life.

Goodnight, Moon. Sweet dreams, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment