Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wanna Know A Secret?


Secret MacKenzie Fact: I LOVE learning new things about people. It's gross how many personal questions I can ask someone in a short period of time. And I will. I will ask them all. Because we live in a world where people would marry Ryan Gosling because he breathes and I want to know why. He can grow a beard, so I'm halfway there... but, I digress. People fascinate me. And then I thought, I wonder if there are any secret facts about myself that make me unique, that set me apart from the rest. OR that connect me to a few individuals. That'd be pretty fun. Here goes.

Secret MacKenzie Facts:

-- I think that Anne Hathaway is so horribly good that I hate that I kind of in a way maybe like her. But she detests me. Hard. But then I love that she detests me. Ugh. Puke. Love. Eff.

--Stanley Tucci is my Ryan Gosling. Anything he touches, anything he thinks, every time he breathes... Gold.

--I've never had an oyster. And I ain't NEVA gonna try one.

--The secret to making me laugh is to make me the most uncomfortable person when you're around me. I'll always be smiling because there is no other option... or at least I haven't figured it out yet.

--I'm addicted to Jimmy Johns. And that's not saying 'Oh, I have it a lot, ADDICTED, laugh out loud..' I'm saying if the show Intervention came to me about getting off JJ's chips I'd be that person ignoring their family members and running out of the room. Obsessed.

--Lake Superior fascinates me. Skinny dipping after a few cocktails is a favorite hobby in the summer.

--Typically, any man that can grow a beard has my immediate attention. Those that can't are still wonderful people... but if a lumberjack doesn't take me into the wilderness to our cabin and we get married with our woodland animals watching... I mean, I don't have dreams like that. Shut up.

--Chris Messina is my favorite actor right now. Look him up. 28 hotel rooms. Argo. Ira and Abby. Away We Go. I love his style, I love his choices, I love everything. He's everything. Aaaaand he can grow a beard. Mazel tof.

--My favorite day of the year is the first day of spring when you walk outside and your nose hairs don't freeze, you look around and everyone is mildly happier simply because they aren't lugging around a coat, and the sunshine is blinding you a little bit. That day always makes me the happiest. The start of a great season.

--I'm a Never-Been-Kissed gal. And, today, like most days, I love it. I'm fine with waiting for that one guy to sweep me off my feet. Bring it on.

--Expedia.com is my #1 website. Planning adventures isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

--I could spend an entire day in a small thrift store looking at their book selection. Maybe read a few, take a break, come back.

--I have this memory of being at my cabin, I'm maybe 9 years old, and I'm the only one awake. I quickly get my swimsuit on, grab my towel, and head for the lake. I spent about an hour swimming that morning, completely by myself. I've never told anyone I did it out of fear that they'd be so mad I went swimming by myself... because naturally, only I would be stupid enough to have a 'hold your breath' contest alone and drown. But that morning is one of my favorite places to go back to. Being completely alone, and blissfully happy about it. Spending a few moments to do exactly what I wanted to do in that moment. I think I shall start doing that more now, as I'm getting older. It worked when I was nine...

--I have a closet full of hangers and a floor full of clothes. Dig it.

--My favorite song, of all time, is Whippgrass by Justin Vernon. Here, shall I provide you with some audio?:

--I think Ellen Degeneres should be the Queen of America. Let's make that happen.

--I'm a closet Nelly fan. He creeps me out hardcore, but I can rap-along to his entire first three albums. True words.

--Paul is my favorite name for a boy, it's my dad's middle name.

--If I had the choice to know my future, I would decline. The destinations don't matter to me, simply the journeys. (Ps. Journeys is spelt funny...)

--I think that dancing alone in your room in the dark can cure any bad feelings you've had that day. And beer, there must be beer.

--If I could get paid to do anything, it would be to travel around the world finding little dives, hole in the walls, that provide the best service. It would require getting lost, adventures, eating lots of dishes, and getting to know complete strangers... I love all those things. It would be perfection.

--I live for other people's flaws.... in the best way! If someone is giggling at a funeral, I want to be around them. If someone sneezes thirteen times in a row, every time they sneeze... sign me up. If someone sings so loud that you give them the nickname Beyonce Streisand, I'll laugh for days. I love the idiosyncrasies of others, and I'm glad for them.

--I'm about 80% sure that I'm 0% Irish, but I will take my Irish pride to my grave. I do know, however, that I am 1/16 Native American. And I milk that for every cool point it's worth.

--The idea of pulling all-nighters excites me to my very core. I'm actually quite good at surviving on three hours of sleep.

--I have verbal arguments with spellcheck. I always lose....

--I have a strong, deep fear of compliments. People are so very kind to me, but I do not like any kind of spotlight. I like hiding in the corner watching people succeed. To me, that's peace: the people around you finding happiness. Somehow, even if just a little, you've helped them achieve litchrally thee best feeling on this earth. So amazing.

--Everybody's egocentric to some degree right? They know they have good legs, they know they are smarter than everyone in the room, they know how to balance a checkbook..whatever. Well, my degree of 'Yeah. I dig it.' is with listening. I could listen to people talk for days. I love being the person asked to coffee or to go for a walk or to grab a beer on the porch. I'm good at listening. I'm good at giving advice. I'm good at sitting on a deck with a person for three hours and not saying a word. Just sitting. It's a favorite thing of mine, listening... and I'm the most grateful for it.

--My bookshelves are my pride and joy. My favorite book on the shelf is Jane Eyre, followed by The Picture of Dorian Gray. I wonder if readers in the future will look back at our language and be amazed as I am when I pick up a good, old book. I'm fascinated. I hope they are too...

--I think people who are born with an extra chromosome to their DNA have something special inside them: hope. We could all learn something from them.

--I had a conversation the other day about how you don't choose your nickname. A big secret: I hate my nickname, MacK. Oohfta. I shouldn't, everyone calls me it, but there's something about Kenz/Kenzie/Kenzie Jo that makes me smile. MacK will stay though... and it's a lot better than dipshit.

And my biggest secret not-so-secret fact: I believe, whole heartedly, that if you give out good you get it back ten fold. If you give out bad, you spend a lot of time hoping nothing bad happens. That's no way to go through life. So don't do it. Good.

Little facts. Nothing crazy. All pieces of MacKenzie Jo. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment