Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hey, Mike. What day is it?

Hump Day Thoughts:

--I can't change the entire world. I can't change other lives by bending them and twisting them into perfect little puzzle pieces that all fit together. That isn't life. That's Pleasantville... and William H. Macy will tell you that place blows. I find myself getting bogged down every few weeks by these massive (how I see them, at least) details and the fact that I do things wrong sometimes. Sometimes my organization is just not good. And sometimes I let my writing homework pile up to where it's this massive mound of 'I don't want to do anything but watch West Wing, fuck off Advanced Writing' and really... day by day is just fine. It's more than just fine. It's how life should be lived. Obviously it's wise to see that light at the end of the tunnel... but day by day, assignment by assignment, rehearsal to rehearsal is not a bad way to live.

--I need a freaking job.

--I'm really nervous going into rehearsals. I'm not sure if it's the right move in this game of chess that is my life. I like the show, got a good cast, it's what I love to do...but I'm tired. I just hope I treat myself well and keep up with life and don't let the picture get bigger than it needs to be.

--I know really great men.

--I went hiking today and went up this crazy steep hill and I swear to you I thought I was going to die I was breathing so loud. Being out of shape and looking in shape is one thing... but being out of shape and looking out of shape and then having an asthma attack (dramatic) on a pile of leaves is another. I wish I had taken more time out of fall to go hiking in Duluth.

--It's supposed to snow on Saturday. DONE.

--I miss my mom.

--I'm only one person. That doesn't mean I can give up on areas of my life. It means I can become a full fledged human being that works, goes to school, goes to rehearsal, eats vegetables, takes walks, and passes classes. I can do this. I don't know what chip is missing in my brain that makes me so unsure some days.

--I'm so sleepy. I have so much homework. I need a job. I'm doing okay. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment