Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Starting Line

Hello! I'm MacKenzie, and you've either been told to read this by yours truly, or you've stumbled upon it...or you're looking for something completely different. Doesn't matter to me..I'm just glad you're here! I was inspired by my best friend to start this blog (she writes on simply-found@blogspot.com) and I think it will be a great adventure. I guess the first post is always the hardest...but I find myself so excited to start! Shall I dive in?

Top 21:
1. I'm saying 21 facts about myself because I'm 21 years of age.
2. My favorite movie is Free Willy. That's not a joke, and someday I'll explain.
3. My relationship with my mother is one where I drunk dial her and sing Don't Stop Believing and she wakes up with my hangover. She's my best friend.
4. I love to play the 'If' game. I ask my friends, teachers, coworkers questions like 'If you could watch any movie for the rest of your life which would it be?' (Free Willy) or 'If you could travel to any country, but you had to go to the poorest part, where would you go? (Ireland... so much Guinness!) It's an amazing conversation starter, and you learn so much about the people you share your every day life with.
5. I live for rainy days that end in sunshine.
6. I'm a student, and I cannot wait until I can say I graduated. I don't know when that will be...but holy moly. I'm pumped.
7. I want to live in New York, Chicago, California, Maine, Oregon, and Minnesota..... all at the same time. Can someone make that happen?
8. Part of the reason I'm starting this blog is because I tend to lose focus on the really important things in life. I worry. I scare myself. I think negative thoughts that cloud my mind, and I'm sick of it. I want to write down the good, the bad, the ugly, and then move on. Life is too short to think about the yesterday's.
9. I love to look at bridges, hate driving over them.
10. Nutella doesn't suck.
11. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life, and I love it. The winters are c.o.l.d, and the summers are h.o.t. I wouldn't have it any other way.
12. All my life I've dreamed of taking epic adventures to far away lands, and I'm making a pact in this blog to talk about those adventures because if I talk about them...they will come true!!!
13. Harry Potter taught me how to be a good friend.
14. If I could have any job, I would be a writer.
15. I don't want a love worthy of ten thousand admirers, just one.
16. If you haven't seen the movies Hocus Pocus, The Paper Brigade, and/or Brink.... you need to reevaluate your choices thus far in life...
17. My favorite villain is Captain Hook, or as I call him... Captain Sassy.
18. I think the word ugly is a cop out that people use as a shield. It has no meaning.
19. Home is the nicest word there is. --Laura Ingalls Wilder
20. Friday Night Lights is the greatest television series. Next to The West Wing and Gilmore Girls.
21. The cure to the blues is dancing alone in your room with the lights off, preferably partially naked.

I hope you'll continue to check up on this blog. I hope to write about my adventures, my fears, and the days where I feel strong and inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment