Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Neverland


I'm craving the lake today. One of the reason I chose to live in Duluth was a memory from when I was a little kid and spent a weekend with my grandparents. They live just outside of the city, and we came to the lift bridge and I watched the biggest ship I had ever seen go through the harbor. It was amazing. My grandparents grew up in Farmtown, USA so they never learned how to swim. I, on the other hand, am convinced I've lived a former life as a fish. And as a little kid, seeing that big blue monster of a lake... I needed to swim. So as they watched me from the shore, I ran into the freezing water giggling as I shivered from head to toe. I stayed in the water until my Grandma threatened no dessert, it was so much fun. That memory is one of my favorite places to go back to. Most days I love being my age, slowly but surely gaining the knowledge I'll need to make it on my own. But some days, when I'm craving adventure, I love looking back on the memories of my childhood and realizing how far I've come. I'm still that fearless girl jumping the water, amazed at the ships passing by. I'm still in Duluth, a beautiful place to call home. And I'm still growing up, which I hope never stops being this much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment