Thursday, November 1, 2012

Blended Blessings

I'm missing my family a lot today. This crazy bunch of stubborn, hilarious weirdos is all I can think about.


The best part about this photo is my dad completely controlling how the boys are standing... and the girls could care less. Also, let's talk about that feisty lady with the banner..... I love that woman. The next time I'll see my siblings is Thanksgiving, and I really want to have an adventure with the four of us that weekend. Even if it's just a movie or dinner. Without them knowing it, I learn so much from them and they've given me so much strength throughout the years. My sister is the oldest, and couldn't be more kind. She's such a role model for me when I think my life is chaotic and things will never come together. With patience and really hard work, great things follow. My brothers couldn't be more different. But they are both hysterical. That short dude on the end is my biological brother, and secretly one of my very favorite people. He doesn't say much, but when he does... I either laugh because it's funny, or I think because he's quite smart. He doesn't know it, but he is. My brother Jeff is a genius, and I've always enjoyed spending time with him. He and my dad are twins, it's really funny watching them become more and more alike. When me and Jeff were younger, we formed a British rock group and recorded a demo.... Our dad was not impressed. We still remember the lyrics though. I love breaking out our #1 single, Can You Read It?... And that handsome devil in the middle is my main dude, Bruce Paul. I got pretty lucky when my parents got married. We always joke he got the short end of the stick.... but that actually may be true. He's given me a lot of things, mostly headaches, but I've never doubted that he'll be there for me. That's pretty cool.

I can't wait to see them again, and to share some laughs around the dinner table. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, along with my dad, so I can't wait. Just gotta get through November....

No comments:

Post a Comment