Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Hour

It has been an amazing weekend at home. I'm actually kind of nervous to go back to Duluth. I don't want to get sad, or start playing the What If game... I love the If game, but hate the What If game. It's been such a great weekend, and I want to cherish every second with my beautiful, crazy, chaotic family! I got to see my neighbors yesterday, who are my very best friends. They aren't even friends, they're family. My sisters. So lucky to have them in my life.

My dad is making mostacholi tonight, which, is my very favorite meal on this planet! It's so good. If I had a smart phone, all I would do is take pictures and Instagram the gorgeous meals my father makes. He's a magician. He's having a hard time right now looking for a job. Unemployment hits so many families, but until it hits yours you don't really know how to adjust. I hope that he doesn't go crazy from boredom... We've got to get his spirits up! But I know that being surrounded by family helps him, so I'm soaking up every second with him I can before I start to suffocate him.... which could, obviously, never happen.... duh.

My mom and I went shopping today because the shoes I brought home smell like someone died in them and them decided to bring their wet dog in for company. They are disgusting, but my favorite pair! Anyway, every family member has nearly passed out because of them, so my mom said no more. We went to buy shoes, and naturally I found my way into Barnes and Noble instead... Now, if you know me at all you know that Barnes and Noble on a Saturday night with a grande mocha and a big book about WWII is perfection. I love B&N. I found two of the greatest items today!

One, is a book called 642 Things To Write About. I love writing, but sometimes I get SO stuck on what to write about or I keep saying the same thing using different words. This book has, clearly, a number of different things to talk about. I'm so excited to start it!

I also found something I've had my eye on for a long, long time. A Five Year Journal!!!! People, this is a big one. I'm more thrilled than I can talk about to start this project. It's as simple as saying 'Today, I washed my clothes and put them away. Boom' and that's it! (PS... how hard is it to actually hang your clothes up?! Please think it's hard with me...because it's an impossible task. Nobody got time for that!) I'm excited to trace where I go and what I accomplish in five years, all while having some crazy moments along the way.

Also, if you ever need an excuse to spend a large amount of money and B&N, check out their bargain priced books. Sherlock Holmes, my collection of Jane Austen is now complete, Les Mis, and a book called Wild. All for under $50!! The book Wild was the most expensive item, but it was recommended to me so I have to give it a try. It's about a woman that basically drops everything and starts fresh. I mean.....It's perfect for me. I'm so excited to start it!

After B&N we made our way to Target, or as I call it, Narnia. I got five movies for the price of one, I aint even mad....

I love today. I love being home with my favorite people. I love books. I love movies. I love the little things like a new place to write that makes me so excited I could scream. I love laundry without charge.  I love family.

And I love this blog. I'm so grateful for this place, and the freedom to say whatever I want to say whenever I want to say it. It's not perfect, it's not neat...but it's all mine. I'll never stop loving that.

So grateful, so happy, so simple. Gah! Cheers to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment