Monday, November 5, 2012

Sometimes...

I have a friend from high school, Cami (or as we call each other Baby Mama... I'm not sure why we ever started that, but I still laugh) that made a post called Sometimes a few weeks ago, and I'm going to copy that post in my own words... because reading hers made me smile and made me feel better, so I think creating my own can do the same.

Sometimes people say mean things that make you second guess who you are and what you think about yourself.

Sometimes those people are flat our wrong, or they don't know who you are and why you are so far from what they called you.

Sometimes friends that you thought would be there forever decided to move on. It's no one's fault, and it's what happens in life, don't second guess yourself.

Sometimes even though you're sad and feel so small, being called a rude thing can make you look at yourself clearly and take a step back and realize that there is some room for change and growth. Sometimes that's a really, really good thing.

Sometimes you have to be willing to admit that you're not perfect. And you shouldn't be. And if you were, you'd be a very boring girl that no one would bother getting to know.

Sometimes... people leave. And disappoint you in the hardest, saddest way. They are not you. They are on their own journey in life,  and have their own battles to overcome. Wish them well, want nothing for them but happiness and peace, and move on.

Sometimes, your mom will tell you you're the most special person in the world and that she's proud of you. Listen to her.

Sometimes your dad will tell you to get off your ass and start taking control of your life, and then when he's about to hang up the phone he'll say I love you, something he doesn't say often... and you'll realize how lucky you really are to have a man in your life that will never leave you, ever. Hold onto that.

Sometimes, all you need to do is take a walk for an hour, looking at the houses.. at the water.. at the sky, and realize that life is a lot bigger than the negativity you're feeling in that moment. That somewhere out there, someone is looking in the sky thinking the same thing. Sometimes, the feeling that you're not alone can save you from yourself.

And sometimes, when the days are really long-- and nothing seems to be going right -- you can snuggle into bed, shut off the lights, your phone, your music, whatever distractions may be around... shut them off, thank God for getting you through the day... and fall asleep. Simple as that. Sleep away the bad, wake up to the good.

Sometimes, it's as simple as one step at a time, one day at a time, one obstacle at a time.

I find myself ready to tackle the next obstacle... ready to in a way start fresh... I'm excited for what's to come, and that's a really good feeling. People change, life changes, and I need to start embracing that. I'm not perfect, but no one's asking me to be. Sometimes, you have to kick your own ass.. and allow yourself to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment