Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No Mo' Drama

These past few days have been very interesting for a number of people. After last night some are very, very excited for what lies ahead. Others are scared. Others are straight pah-issed. I find myself excited. Just my two cents. But today, some people have sort of diminished that excitement by being so upset. I made a list of things that I'm thankful for.... and now, I made them a list. They probably will never read it, but I don't give a -- keep looking at muh-- cause it don't mean a thing if ya looking at uh. (catching my drift?)

--We live in a place where you can 'completely hate' your leader. In some countries, you'd be shot for saying, thinking, believing, showing such a thing. Also, don't hate. He's a person, just like you. And I think if you throw around the word hate you wouldn't be any better at the job. Boom.

--You're not Kim Kardashian. Think about that. Revel in that. Feeeeeeel that.

--Most of us are allowed to have animals around us. I don't have one, but I dream about living on a farm in New York City (work with me) with horses and dogs and Free Willy. Pets are the best. They are so friendly, and are always by your side. Could. Be. Worse.

--Generally, if you don't like someone, you're not required to be around them. That's a really good feeling isn't it? You're not required to be around anyone or anything you don't want to be. That's mother lovin' FREEDOM. When you're a kid, you can't escape certain people or things. But when you grow up and you're responsible for you're own actions, you can choose who you want to spend your time with. That's pretty cool.

--A little trilogy called The Mighty Ducks.

--Right now, there are so many people in the world that need our help, and we have the opportunity and the ability to help them. In a single smile or hug, you can turn someone's day around...that my friends, is what it's all about.

--We can bake yummy things like cookies and cakes and pies and brownies and all the bad stuff that can make you feel really good.

--Beer is a beautiful thing. People underestimate how good a beer tastes after a long day.

--We have friends and family that dedicate their lives to protect us and go off to far away places that can be very scary... and we get to continue living our every day life. They are brave and strong and a hell of a lot cooler than me.

--You can screw up in the worst way. You can do a horrible, rotten thing that hurts a lot of people..... and still get a second chance. People take that for granted. I do too. But no more. Second chances have only done amazing things for me. I've gotten a parent, college, a career, and more friends than I deserve because people have taken more than one chance on me or the people surrounding me. Think about who's taken a second chance on you and celebrate that.

--Every year you have a day that is devoted to when you were born. And you get gifts and people smile a lot more around you. Some people hate that day, but I always look forward to it because it's the only day a year where I accept compliments freely and make new goals for the next year of my life.

--Arnold Schwarzenegger was a governor of a STATE. HA!

--Betty White is still alive. (I'm just going down the list of famous people that should be celebrated....)

Famous people continued:
Meryl Streep
Phil Collins
Ryan Gosling and his abdominals
Ryan Reynolds and his abdominals
Jeff Daniels
Jason Segel
Dame Judy Dench
Blake Lively's hair
Matt Damon's hair
Ben Affleck's career choices in the last five years
and last but not lease, Ellen Degeneres.

All good, all pretty, all fabulous additions to our lives.

--And my personal favorite, my all time happy thought.... my one saving grace when the days are too long and people are mean and everything seems to be going in the dumps......


NUTELLA. EXISTS.


Life isn't perfect. But quit the drama, friends. There's a lot to laugh at in our every day, mundane schedules. Just look around at the all crazy girls in leggings who don't realize we can litchrally see up their butt? That shit crazy. But crazy funny. A lot of times in life you have to look for the funny, and when you do you'll laugh for days. Promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment