Thursday, November 15, 2012

California Dreams, Sign Me Up

I was looking over my blogs and I kept seeing the same word over and over: Adventure. I yearn for adventures. And, my friends, an adventure I have found.

I've decided I won't be staying in Minnesota this summer. I'm going to apply to a bunch of places, some internships, some summer ranches, and work in a new place for a few months. I've found a few I'm crazy about, and they'd be a great fit...so fingers crossed! I could be living in California, Montana, or most exciting... NEW YORK! I found this amazing internship that PAYS and I'd be working for a new works theatre for the summer. So. Amazing.

But....no matter what happens, or what I chose, I just want to get out of the state for the summer. I had coffee today with my friend who was in Honduras this summer...and he said something that will stay with me. He said, you deserve to have an adventure for yourself. And you know what? He's totally right. Everyone deserves to allow themselves to completely escape at least once in their life.

That's my plan. To have an adventure. It's something to look forward to, which I know will really help me in these next few weeks. As the days get shorter and the semester gets more stressful, looking forward to the possibility of running away for a while will keep me smiling, and keep me working towards something.


I could live here this summer? Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment