Monday, November 26, 2012

Turning Zee Frown Upside Down

I'm trapped in the Monday blues today, friends. No getting out of it, just have to ride the wave...

But, this wave of tiredness can and will be used for good! For every dislike I have in this very moment, I'm going to think of a like, something I do enjoy. Here we go; negativity be damned.

--I strongly dislike crabby people, who make me walk on egg shells because they decide they are going to have a bad day.
--I like that sometimes the perfect remedy for lonliness is to, in fact, be alone. To sit with yourself with your favorite movie (Free Willy), favorite book (Jane Eyre), or favorite thoughts (dreaming of adventures) and become content with yourself. I love that feeling, and that it doesn't come very often...Comfort in being alone is a work in progress, but I love the pay off.

--I dislike the media telling me I'm ugly, fat, stupid, and lesser because I don't look like Kim Kardashian. Acca-scuse me, but I'll take 'normal' over that any day.
--I like the way snow crunches underneath your feet when walking. It's one of my favorite sounds.

--I dislike that I worry to much about what people think of me.
--I like that there is a news article in the paper today about a group of men in Toronto that did a 'Walk A Mile In Her Shoes' walk to end violence against women. I dig that a whole lot.

--I dislike people who don't work for things. Paris Hilton, you don't appeal to me.
--I like my vernacular. I get away with saying the stupidest things, like 'I dig that a whole lot'.... what is that. People are very kind in putting up with my quirks and I appreciate that immensely.

--I dislike that I can't eat Nutella without consequences.
--I like that Nutella is on this planet.

--I dislike insomnia, and that I can't calm myself down enough to let go of my to-do list and fall asleep.
--I like the moment where you realize you like someone, whether it's friendship or more. My favorite is when the butterflies kick in, and all of a sudden you're smiling walking alone down a sidewalk because you're remembering how someone looked at you that one time, or how they told a stupid joke that you still laugh at. Man, I love romance. I'm a sucker for it...

--I dislike my own laziness, and how if I had the option I would stay in bed all day every day. There is so much life to see! Why, oh why, body, must you be so lazy!!
--I like that I've had to go through obstacles in my short twenty-one years of life. Really hard, big ol' obstacles. Things that I don't wish on anyone else, but I'm so grateful for. Isn't that funny? It's taken me a long time to be grateful for them, but I feel like I'm the lucky one. There's not much more that life can throw at me without me laughing in it's face and saying, 'That's all you got?' I feel strong when I think about how much I've overcome, and that's the best feeling out there.

--I dislike movies with stupid endings. Don't make me watch two hours worth of Matt Damon's hair and then give me a stupid ending..... Aint nobody got time for that!
--I like hugs. Period.

--I dislike that I try something for a day and then give up on it. The follow through is like, an impossible accomplishment.
--I like making Bucket Lists. Somewhere, far far away, are my 1,345 bucket lists I've made. It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. I secretly have no intention of completing most of the lists I make. I have one master copy that is up in my room that I do check things off, which is very fun. But an even more good time is creating a whole new list with crazy things like 'Jump off a cliff and yell, Yippee-kay-ayeeee'... I will never do that, but somewhere out there it's on one of my lists. I love that, and I honestly don't know why. You figure it out for me...

--I dislike how completely messy my room is. Even more, I dislike how I can change this fact in a solid hour and a half of cleaning, but instead I'll just sit on my mounds of laundry. Cause that's normal....
--I like knowing fun facts about movies. Secret Fact: I watch commentaries (commentari?) for every movie I've ever bought in hopes of finding out fun facts to tell people. Ask me anything about the show Friday Night Lights...it's gross how much I know. I love learning about behind the scenes, what it's like on the set. Geek status.

--I dislike when your foot falls asleep and it's so uncomfortable but you don't want to look like a weirdo shaking your foot all over the place so you just have to deal with the sharp-pins-in-your-foot-why-does-it-kind-of-feel-like-rain feeling internally. So much dislike for this!!!
--I like sunrises and sunsets, and the possibilities a new days brings.

--I dislike Mondays.
--I like this blog. Win.

People, it's insane how much better I feel right now!!!!!!! I'm stopping because all I can think of are the things I like, all my dislikes are gone. I can't think of any. Whoofta. Monday, we're gonna be alright. You and me, babe. You and me.

Hey, you. Have a great week. For every stupid, dumb, horrible thing that happens...think of something that makes you smile! You'll turn the frown upside down, promise. Cheers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment