Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bad : Good ; Celery : Mint Ice Cream

Sometimes I have horrible, rotten, really bad days that turn into awesome, uplifting, positive-as-oprah really good days. And today was one of those days. And, don't worry, I'm about to tell you why!

I woke up today in the funk I've been in the last few days. For some reasons, the mornings are really hard. It's hard to get going and start my day. But... once I do, usually, I pick right up. Today was different. I was just sort of lounging today. Not doing anything. That made it so hard to be any kind of productive. Oohfta. But. About an hour before I had no choice to move because I had rehearsal... I decided I would turn my frown upside down once again and prepare for a night of being good to myself. I'm currently in the middle of it, and it's been great. I am tired, but I know my brain...and I know I need to keep doing little fun things. I'll do some writing, I just dyed my hair back to red (photo soon), I'm eating my favorite mint ice cream, and I'm watching my favorite shows at the moment: Parenthood, New Girl, and Castle. It's just been a great night.

And I realized something, something that did not take a lot of brain power to figure out... definitely not rocket science. But I'm going to try to get up earlier, to start my day at least an hour before I need to go anywhere. And get out of the mornings suck funk I trap myself in. Maybe that way when I do leave, I'm ready for my day and for what lies ahead.

[This is where I should explain something about I, MacKenzie Jo. I am HORRIBLE at listening to others when it comes to bettering myself. Ask me how many times my mother has told me to do what I just said above? Ask me. Don't ask me. I'm embarrassed to say. But a lot. And I don't listen. I love her, and her advice always, eventually, makes me feel better... but I need to reach the moment of epiphany solely on my own before I can make a change. How weird is that? I know I'm not the only one, but it always makes me laugh when I call someone and am like 'Guess what I'm going to try!' and there is this long pause before they reply 'You mean the thing I told you to do three months ago. Peachy.' I'm an enigma.. keeps me young. Or something.]

I love that I can recognize that not all days have to start and end the same. That good days can sometimes be blind sided, and bad days can turn around so quickly with the decision to try something new. That's all kinds of neat.

I already know what my next blog post is going to be... but I need to give myself some times to do all the things I need to do before I actually blog about it. BUT I'M PUMPED! So, all 8 of you that read my blog.... get ready. Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment