Sunday, April 28, 2013

Voyage.

As this blog has shown, these past few days have been a little rocky... and as I got to Thursday and Friday I has this horrible attitude of --great, can't wait to work this weekend and not have any fun and feel bad for myself and blah blah freaking blah--nasty thoughts.

But, Saturday morning came and I got up before dawn and started walking to work. I walk along the main street into downtown which has a clear, near perfect view of the lake. And I thought to myself, I'd love to adventure after work today. It's just what I need... and then I pushed the thought away and did my job and got done with my shift and was so tired. So, as usual, went home and took a nap. Naps are brilliant. When I woke up, my roommate was on her sixth hour of video games, I was groggy and pissed that we were wasting away the sunlight -- something we haven't seen in months.

So. We made a plan. There is this beautiful scenic drive up the North Shore and all these great places to stop along the way. We picked up Michael B, headed north, and began our adventure. First stop was this amazing restaurant called Betty's Pies. It's legend. And the pies are to die for:


I mean, really? After Betty's we took ourselves up to Gooseberry Falls, one of my favorite places. You can walk around and hike all the way to the shoreline of Lady Superior. We stuck with just the waterfalls this time, but I loved every second.





A very hard view to beat. 

It was such a great adventure. On the way back, we stopped where our friend Charlie works and had a cocktail while looking out at the lake. By the time we got home, we were so full of liquor and food... and of happiness! It was such a great adventure, and I'm glad I made myself get out of the house and do something with my day. 

Sunday was upon me and I once again was walking to work thinking about adventures. This time, I knew that I would have to have one regardless of how tired I was. So, after work I took my nap and woke up ready to explore. Sometimes that means hoping in the car and driving for a few hours... but sometimes that means taking a big ol' walk and seeing where you end up. Tonight I ended up in Canal Park at the lift bridge. It's only a few miles from my house, and the path to the bridge is beautiful no matter what time of year. 


I loved my weekend full of adventures. I love how simple they were and how sore my feet are. This summer will be good, it will be epic, and I can't wait to stare at this bridge the whole time. 

Cheers to adventures, to iphones that capture the moments, and to soaking it all in. Cheers to warm weather, the smell of thunderstorms, and falling asleep to the sound of rain. 

Cheers to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment