Tuesday, February 19, 2013

STRESS

[Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.]

Worrying is not like a rocking chair, whoever decided that metaphor was important enough....

WORRYING WILL NEVER BE AS RELAXING AS THE JOY THAT COMES FROM SITTING IN A ROCKING CHAIR. HAVE YOU EVER DONE THAT?! OBVIOUSLY NOT.

Worrying is like an anchor tied to your leg that you drag around for few days before realizing that taking the fifteen minutes to struggle with the knot is better than dragging around an anchor for the whole day.

MUCH BETTER.

I'm stressing out today, hence the caps lock, and I have a mountain of a to-do list. I can't sleep well this week, I'm falling behind, and I feel like I'm getting into that phase of life where you sort of let things happen to you. I don't like that phase one bit. I want to be proactive and active and show the positivity and all that garbage which isn't usually garbage on my good days. Maybe today is just a bad day.

I have to focus, I have to accomplish my to-do list, I have to go to class. More so, I'm able to do all those things. I get to do all those things. There is an alternative, and it's failing out of college.

Each task I need to complete is an anchor that looks really heavy and scary but if I make it important for just a little while, if I spend the time to do it right, it won't be that bad. And if it is bad, if I totally hate it... I only have to spend an hour or so of my life with it before I break free from the knot. Right? Right.

Here I go. Turning this day around. Letting my stress fall to the wayside (I have no idea what a wayside is or means.... which is stressing me outtttttt. jkjkjkjk) and going one step at a time.

If you see me today, the look on my face is not anger or sadness.... just straight up 'HELP.'

Cheers to this blog, cheers to heart attacks before 30, cheers to men with beards.

No comments:

Post a Comment