Thursday, December 27, 2012

12.27.12 Things I Love

Things I Love:

--The West Wing. I just found out thirty seconds ago that The West Wing is on Instant Watch Netflix and I'm litchrally having trouble breathing. I love this show. I love love love this show. Aaron Sorkin is a brilliant writer, and he plays by his own rules, which is very inspirational because following rules kicks rocks. I'm so very excited to watch a few episodes and do nothing today. I was feeling quite bored this morning with nothing to do around the house, but now..... It's on!

--Carbohydrates. Even the bad ones. I mean, I think my hips can speak for themselves when they and I say we LOVE carbs. Foods like Mac N Cheese, Tater Tots, Dill Pickle Chips, basically anything that has a lable of 'this may one day lead to heart failure' is what I'm all about. Usually I try to avoid talking about how much I love these foods because it really is very unhealthy and I should be more kind to my body. But, today, as I make Mac N Cheese and possibly, definitely, order take out I'm reminded that sometimes you have to be kind to your mind before you're kind to your body. Or something like that.....

--The Ryan's. Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, this kid Ryan I went to junior high with that has an insane smile, Paul Ryan (HAHAHAHAH JUST KIDDING). Mainly just the first two Ryans. They're neat.

--Complicated simplicity. I really can't get over that phrase, and how ever since I came across it on a no good, rotten, really bad day I've felt so much better about ever no good, rotten, really bad day. Life is pretty simple when you look at the grand scheme of things, but when you look at minute details.. man is it complicated. It's complicated simplicity, with the imperfections and big hips and laughs and joy. And I love ti.

--Reading. I'm onto my next called Wild, which I wrote about when I had my Barnes and Noble extravaganza over Thanksgiving. I'm finally getting time to read (I've already read three books, onto #4!) now that I'm home and I'm excited for this one. I need adventure, I crave it. So reading about someone else's will be a great place to start!

--Meryl Streep. She is everything. And I finally watched the film Julie and Julia last night, and I have to say.... I don't know if I liked it! I found myself kind of annoyed with Meryl, but in the best way. Her accent in the film is supposed to mirror the real Julia Childs, but I found she was like Madonna after two weeks in London. It didn't read right to me. The actor Chris Messina is in it, and I'm all about him. He's one of my favorites. And of course, Stanley Tucci was by Meryl's side, which worked 100% for me. I guess I just wanted more from Ms. Meryl, a little Sophie's Choice attitude brought to the table maybe? Regardless, spending a night in at the parent's home watching a movie about food made me happy, hungry, and blessed... so I'm all good. I love Meryl, and I'm not saying having a beer with her is on my bucket list, but I'm not saying it isn't.

--Candles. I'm sitting next to four candles all giving off different scents that are forming this magic around me. I'm in heaven.

--Cough drops.

--That my phone cannot Instagram or Snapchat or send embarrassing drunk videos or Temple Run. It's a very generic phone that can call people and text people because let's be honest I'm not a talk on the phone kinda gal. Some days I'm really jealous of the Iphones and Ipads and SmartThings, but I haven't checked my phone once today.... I'm not even sure where it is. And I love that.

--Bucket Lists. I made another bucket list today. It's probably my 8th one this month. Included in this lists is: Marry a lumberjack, Discover a new planet, Learn how to throw fire. I'm dreaming big over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment