Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

To slap people who talk about Kim/Kanye's baby like it's actually not an alien.

To read the books I spend $250 on to collect dust in my bookbag. Not a backpack, people! A bookbag.

To become more accepting of horrible, gross, stupid, immature words or phrases. In 2012, I would say 'I'm to good for those words, those words are beneath me.' No longer, I'm getting on that level... Ex: POOP DOLLAAA.

To use '...' in every sentence, ever...And whilst speaking saying 'elipses....' and then continuing with my brilliant statement of gun control... (I'm already loving this one...)

To be kinder to children, who don't mean to smear boogers on your pantleg... it looked so much like the Kleenex box that sits in their room. NO IT DOESN'T, LITTLE JIMMY, BUT IT'S FINE.

To read the books I purchase to go on my bookshelf. I may have bought Les Mis to look special, but it's time to read Javier and picture a Russle Crowe that doesn't make a car crashing sound when he hits the water...because that wasn't distracting. At all.

I will ignore all grammar. Ever. (This isn't true but I figure if I put it on here people won't care that I sometimes don't capitalize or correctly comma.... So....)

I'm going to try, key word, try, to write down everyday one thing that makes me happy. I feel like I spent 2012 fighting to be happy. And that's no fun! There's a lot of really, really great people in my life that help and allow me to do amazing things. So every day, even if I spend it coiled up in a ball, I will write what made me smile. [Today: Watching the Lord of the Rings for the first time; all three; here we go!] Oh........ (almost forgot)

And lastly, I will wake up everyday emulating Beyonce's skin, Tina Fey's wit, Amy Pheoler's fearlessness of failure, and will walk into a room like Meryl. Because they are my bitches, and bitches win...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment