Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Lifetime of Firsts

My beautiful blog I've missed you so! It's been so long since I've posted about my love of carbohydrates, how could I do that to myself!

It's been a great month of relaxing and enjoying the company of others and enjoying alone time and enjoying chocolate and enjoying the little things in life. It's been pure excellence. But back to the real world I go.

I'm starting my next semester of college tomorrow. My school started last week, but I was gone all week on a conference in Lincoln, NE. [Secret MacKenzie Fact: I spell Lincoln wrong every time I type it and if it wasn't for spellcheck it would always be wrong.] Lincoln was a beautiful town, I enjoyed it very much. The conference was for theatre and let me tell you, do I appreciate my school or what.... The theatre we saw there was less than extravagant. It was less than passionate. It was less than inspiring. And I'm so thankful I attend a school with professors and educators and friends that make me strive to do better. Because that's exactly what I want to do when I'm around them. Do better. In Lincoln I wanted to run away from all the bad acting, horrible attitudes, selfish ways of others I was around. But here in Duluth, I am reminded that coming together as a team and litchrally building something great and worth it is the best therapy there is.

So. That was Lincoln. And this is Duluth. I start school tomorrow. And I'm down right nervous. I have written down all the homework I missed and everything I need to get done and holy caboozes. I will be busy. And that's without a show and without working during the week and without the stress no time for anything. I'll have the time, it just depends on if I'm willing to do the work. I have to be willing to do the work.

I think this semester will be a fantastic one, full of ups and downs as life always unapologetically is.

Cheers to first days, cheers to a fresh syllabus, cheers to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment