Saturday, January 5, 2013

Casual Saturday Mornings With MacKenzie

Secret MacKenzie Fact # 64: I practiced my Oscar acceptance speech in the shower this morning. Like, a solid 8 times. By the last time I think I really brought the humor to the moment where all my dreams had come true holding that 'golden, naked man' [YOU ALWAYS MENTION THE FACT THAT IT'S A GOLDEN NAKED MAN....THAT WILL ALWAYS GET A LAUGH AT THE OSCARS, PEOPLE.] and I feel like I really captivated the audience without boring them.

Who am I?

The worst part. I had decided that I would win multiple Oscars on the same night. The second time I won, for my writing....obviously.... I made a joke that if we (me and Clint Eastwood, which I will mention I had a phenominal Republican joke worked in by speech #5) didn't win Best Picture I was gonna be pissed off. The whole crowd smirked and Meryl maybe even chortled. Magic.

Because this was my Oscars, because I had a few more tear jearking moments in me, and because in my dreams Kyle Chandler presents me with Best Picture, my film won this morning in my shower. Oh yeah. As I held my razor in the air shouting 'Thank you, Sean Penn, for being my partner-in-crime' I think I realized I may have gone too far. Not only was I going to be late for work, but I was naked in cold water talking to my shower curtain.

I'm not saying I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm certainly not proud....

But it made me realize that I still have those big dreams in me. And I'm grateful for them. As I almost fail out of college on a daily basis, I'm reminded where I want to go and all the people that are helping me get there. They may not have the famous names like Meryl and Clint, but they are my real partners in crime.

Five days into January, and I'm loving every minute of this new year. I'm reading a lot of books, watching a lot of West Wing, and itching to get back to school. Gross.

Cheers to big dreams. Cheers to admitting that I talk to myself a gross amount of the time. Cheers to the people who walk with you on your journey, never afraid to trip you for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment