Thursday, January 3, 2013

What I Want From My Next Year

A new years resolution, to me, is something that you dedicate for the year. Like, gym three times a week or no chocolate except on Wednesdays... things that for an entire year you want to accomplish. And I made a blog post about my resolutions... mostly joking because I like the sound of my own voice. But these are my goals. And for me, goals have no deadline. I want to accomplish these things within the next year, but they will hopefully continue long after 2013 is gone...

To have patience, not unlike the kind my mother had during my pre-teen years. This will take some work, but I am determined to take deep breaths and not call people mean names in my mind as they ask me if sunscreen is poisonous.... 

To learn what a treadmill is capable of doing. At least what happens when you turn it on.....

Eating things that are green and have grown from the ground.

Taking time each day to celebrate one thing I'm crazy about. [MY JOY JAR!]




Swear less. 

Every time I get a paycheck, to not go and spend said money as Savers to fill my bookshelf with books. To save. 

To pass my classes with class. Yes. 

Yoga. 

To adventure in Duluth, and not take this gorgeous city for granted. 

Sweatpants are for my house and my house only. [I accomplished this goal first semester, but now it shall be for all of 2013!]

Act as if my room needs to be clean for all the men that will be spending time in there, whilst coming to the conclusion that not having men in my room is the best thing for my brain. 

Watch shows like How It's Made, History Channel Presents, and Shark Week, and steer clear of shows like Dance Moms and Toddlers and Tiaras. Yeeesh. 

To spend more time dancing, preferably to Backstreet Boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment