Thursday, March 21, 2013

All Was Well.

I'm officially back from Chicago, and so glad to be home!!! I've been a lazy pile of nothing today, and I couldn't be happier about it. Sometimes, especially after a vacation in a busy city, you need a day to decompress and be alone and belt out the new Justin Timberlake CD. YA DIGG? 

I loved the city of Chicago. It was so much fun, and full of culture. I'm going to be really honest... a LOT of alcohol was drank in Chicago. I mean, a lot. The trip was over St. Patrick's Day and celebration was had. Lots of it. 

I have the most amazing friends.  By the end of the trip, it was clear we needed some breathing room, but I'm just so thankful for them. It was an amazing last big trip before some of them graduate and move away. Times are a changing on us.... I don't want them to leave! But I'm excited for them to move far, far away so that I can visit them : ) That's how it works, right?

I'm spending my day catching up on all my television shows and doing a little bit of cleaning (not a lot. at all) and when there's isn't a lot to do, I usually let me mind wander where it will. 

I started thinking about the beginning of college, and my freshman year. One of my best friends from freshman year text me while I was in Chicago telling me he was engaged! It is amazing news!! And thinking about it today, I remember him telling me about how his parents met in college and when his dad met his mom, he just knew that his grades didn't matter and money was whatever... it was about her. And litchrally, the second my friend told me he met 'this new girl', and then it was 'my girlfriend', I just knew in the back of my mind she had to be the special one. I never told him that, because embarrassing if they broke up.... But I'm going to convince him and myself that I knew all along : ) I'm so excited for them. I love when amazing things happen to great people. Give out good, and you get it right back. 

That is my life. A big ol' ball of fantastic. I'm going to go read a book or four now, and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the night. Cheers to Keat and Jade, cheers to The Windy City, cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment